Short description of the University
The University of Prishtina was established in 1970. It is the biggest higher education institution in the country, with 42.006 students, above 1.000 academic staff, and around 350 administrative staff members. University offers 142 study programs, in 3 study cycles (Bachelor, Master, and Doctorate).
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering (FECE), as a project partner, is one of the 13 academic units of the university. With a half-century of academic tradition in teaching/learning and research, as of today, FECE has > 2000 students, while teaching process is supported by 80 academic staff, full time and part time. Faculty, in country and regional level, is known for:
- Comparable study programs with European Universities – Evaluation from International experts
- High percentage of alumni employment. Cooperation with industry and other universities. Industrial Advisory Board
- Publications in international indexed scientific journals and conferences (ISI, Scopus, IEEE)
- Mandatory ECTS credited Internship. Mobility opportunities for staff and students. ECTS transfer and recognition
- Successful implementation of research and capacity building projects
- Implementing Bologna Action Lines since 2001
- Successful alumni, considered as main development drivers of the Electrical and Computer Engineering sector
- Role of the University in this project
FECE strategic orientation is to further develop research and innovation capacities. With the project implementation we aim to:
- Enhance the staff capacities and their methodologies so that they effectively equip the graduate level students with the skills to conduct independent research
- Enhance the mentors’ capacities to effectively guide the students in their research activity
- Enhance the research capacities of the academic and managerial staff through study visits and tailored trainings
- Strengthen the managerial capacities for research activities and innovation at faculty level by setting dedicated research and innovation support structures
- Promote research excellence and innovation at faculty, university, national and international level
Staff involved in the project: photo and short BIO
The staff involved in the project implementation has expertise on:
- Producing and publishing in international peer review journal and conferences. Publications in ISI (Clarivate’s) and Scopus indexed journals and IEEE conferences
- Joint research thesis mentoring with peers from international universities. Experience on supervision of graduate level research work.
- Preparation and management of research projects. Staff involved in project serves as reviewers for international indexed journals.
- Drafting the different university and national wide legislation acts that regulate research work such as: Regulation on doctoral studies, National Qualification Level 8 indicators, Regulation on promotion of university staff based on research productivity etc.
- Managing the Research sector at university and faculty level.
- Managing EU capacity building projects.
Prof. Asoc. Dr. Mimoza Ibrani
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Prishtina
University official website